Monday, October 20, 2014

What The Hell Happened?!

I know, I know. I'm sorry I disappeared. I have been terribly busy and on days I wasn't as much, my hands hurt so badly it became too difficult to type.

So!! Here I am! Alive and semi well.

How are all of you today?

I think what I'm going to start doing is making video posts on days I'm not feeling well. Let me know what you guys think.. Just keep in mind, if I'm not feeling well, I will probably look like shit. So bear with me. Lol.

I've been thinking lately a lot about how people treat you differently when you're sick. I mean, in a way I want people to, but at the same time, I really hate it!!

I WANT people to understand that I can't do everything I use to be able to do.. But I don't want to babied. I want people to understand that if I have to cancel plans last minute, it's not because I'm just being a bitch. But I don't want them to stop inviting me. I want to be respected. No forgotten or mothered. I don't need my 'friends' telling me, "Are you allowed to do that?!" or "Maybe you should just do_____ (fill in the blank)." I am a big girl. Sometimes I want to push past my limits because I need to. Sometimes I want to eat that super greasy pizza that is gonna screw with my pancreas. Sometimes, I just don't give a damn. Sometimes I need to feel ALIVE!!

But that is MY decision. Whether I do XYZ or not. It's my decision to make! No one elses. And it drives me crazy when others try and 'protect' me from myself.

Does this happen to anyone else?!

I mean I appreciate the concern, but I really don't want to be mothered.

I think it's that people just don't know how to treat me anymore. Now that I'm sick.. They don't know what to say. They see a cane some days. Others, no cane. They see me wearing my rings one day and maybe another day they don't. (Usually because I have a stupid brain and forget things..) But regardless, they don't know how to react to me anymore. I become my disease. And what I do and wear and walk with is noticed more than I am.

I've lost pretty much everyone I knew after my kids and after I started getting really sick. I have my best friend. And seriously, if she or I weren't sick... We probably never would have made it this far. Being sick together gives us both an understanding of each other that no one else can understand.

And I love her to bits. But it kind of really pisses me off that I can't relate to other people anymore. Not unless they are sick too. Because all they see is my disease. They can't look past the cane to see me as a person. They don't know what to say, so they don't say anything. Or even worse, they say the wrong thing. And you can't be friends with someone that never talks to you or says really stupid shit to you.

This has been my experience anyway. If it weren't for social media and groups for people like me.... I'd probably never to speak to anyone. I've met lots of great people through groups online.

I had one really great friend before I got sick... And now, she is just "too busy." Which I find hard to believe because she wasn't "too busy" for the two years before... And now we never talk anymore. I try and get no response. The only way I know she is even alive is because she still sends me cards for holidays. That is her only communication with me.

It makes me sad.

I hope all of you have no idea what I'm talking about and have never experienced this. I hope you are all as well as well is for you.

Keep stable my peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment