Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Are You KIDDING ME?!!?

Well, I had my echo at my cardio's office today. I just can't believe what happened. CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Here is how it all went down.

I get there (totally late by the way, but I called and told them I would be). So the receptionist and the echo tech are behind the desk with the little window closed talking about how shitty of a person I am for making them wait. I guess they thought that little shit of a window was sound proof? They were wrong. Anyway. That was fun.

Then he called me back and of course I had to remove everything from the waist up. Whatever. He comes back in and starts the exam.

Go through he exam bullshit, take a breath, hold it in, release. Picture picture picture. Listen to heartbeat. Doppler. Done.

Cool. But my cardio wanted to look at it right away while I was there. I thought they may let me get dressed first, but no. I just sat there in that stupid paper "gown". So cardio walks in. They speak look at pictures. I overhear them saying I have PE. Then my cardio says I'm fine and my echo is normal. He leaves. So I ask the tech what is PE? (Because at this point I'm thinking pulmonary embolism.) He tells me "Oh, its pericardial effusion. You have a sac around your heart and you have too much fluid in yours. But it may just be normal for you."

SERIOUSLY!!!!!???????????????????

IT MAY JUST BE NORMAL FOR ME?!!??!!!??

I really hate when people say that. First off, it's meaningless because I have no baseline echo. So we couldn't possibly know that. But then I look it up. I have EVERY symptom! Those are the symptoms I went in there complaining about! And he told me I'm fine.

So he gave a diagnosis. Then told me it's not important. They don't plan to treat it or monitor it. In my cardio's eyes, "I'm perfectly healthy" (Please read that in a snotty snooty voice because I'm mocking him!)

I am so fucking frustrated!

How bad does it have to be before someone will acknowledge it's a problem? When I'm dead during my autopsy?! I don't understand. You just diagnosed me. That means there is a problem!! If there was no problem, there is no diagnosis!! What the FUCK!??

AHHHHH!! Now I need to find a new cardio. UGH!

Anyway.... That was my day. Hope you are all having a better day than...

No comments:

Post a Comment