Friday, October 24, 2014

Hold On, I Have To Pee.

I seriously hate my bladder.

I pee roughly 100 million times a day. (okay. I may be exaggerating a bit. It's probably more like 89 million times.)

Have you ever looked up how many times a normal healthy person wee's? Well don't you worry your pretty little mind... I've looked it up for you!

You may want to sit down (possibly on the toilet) for this one...

6-8 times a day.

That's right. You read that correctly! 8 TIMES A DAY!!!!!

I pee that much withing the first 3 hours I'm awake. I mean, I know I pee a lot.. But SERIOUSLY!!???!

Who only wees 8 times a day??? Not me!

I wish though. Doesn't that sound glorious? It does to me. Makes me wonder how much of my life is wasted by me being in the bathroom.

Stupid bladder. Stupid body! (I'm also super jealous men get to stand.. But that's a topic for another day....)

It's not really my bladders fault. But whatever. I hate it regardless.

BRB. Potty break....... Okay. I'm back.

It's not just about how frequently I pee though. It's about how frickin long it takes me to pee because my bladder doesn't empty properly. I have to sit there and try moving in different directions. I wipe, then stand for a second. Then sit back down. Then push down on my abdomen. Just to get most of it out of there so I won't have to come back in literally seconds. It's all very scientific stuff.

Back to it not being my bladders fault. Having EDS and Chiari both affect my bladder and 'urges' to go.. Because of the brainstem compression from Chiari and spine problems from my EDS, it's really no surprise I spend 96.99% of my life in the bathroom.

It drives my family crazy too. But what can I do? Nothing other than go to the damn bathroom. It hurts when I hold it too long. I try though. But then I always get worried I'll get stuck somewhere. Like all the sudden there will be crazy traffic and everyone will be stopped just before I can turn off the road and turn into the gas station for a bit of relief. (That's happened before. And I seriously almost got out of my car and just left it there to go and pee.. But I didn't.. But I ALMOST had to.)

Have you ever been driving home and have to pee so bad you start to speed a bit to make it there faster. I always get sooooooo worried that I'll get pulled over. Because seriously. If a cop were to pull me over at that moment. I'd probably pee all over myself and car. And that would be a sad day.

I have 'leaked' a bit.. but never fully wee'd myself. Yet. I'm sure one day it will happen. But so far.. It's only been little leaks. Just enough to where you're grossed out and embarrassed and have to change your panties.. But not your pants...

I know not all spoonies have bladder issues.. But there are enough of us out there...

Wow. Potty break again.

Okay. Back again....

I still can't get over 8 times a day. What the Fucking Fuck?! I am so jealous.

Well.. At least there are cell phones with apps and internet right!

I don't know what people did before them! Maybe take a crossword puzzle or something?

If anyone needs something to do while they are 'going' and needs to sit there for about 30 minutes to finish peeing... I found an app for that! It's called "Toilet Time- A Bathroom Game" by Tapps and it's free (on Android phones anyway).

Enjoy every one!




No comments:

Post a Comment