Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Is This What Menopause Feels Like?

Does anybody else get really really hot, then really really cold?

Part of dysautonomia is not being able to regulate your body temperature. I am NOT able to regulate my body temperature. Let me tell you, it really fucking sucks!

Right now for instance I am burning up! But there are other times where I am so cold and I just cannot warm up at all. The other night I was wearing jeans, a jacket, and had a blanket on me and I was still freezing. Now, I'm wearing shorts and a sports bra and I'm sweating.

If this is what menopause is like, I'm so sorry for all those women. But honestly I am terrified for when I get to that age because I already have issues with body temperature regulation, I just can't imagine how much worse it could get.

Total side note...

The Ehlers Danlos syndrome t-shirts and hoodies came!!! I am so excited! The t-shirts have already started raising awareness and getting people asking me what the hell is with the zebra. Which was actually part of my plan in designing the shirt. I figured people with EDS will understand and those that don't have it will start to ask questions. Everyone wants to know what the hell the zebra is about. I'm excited about spreading awareness to other people and getting this disease out there. I think it's especially important to not only spread awareness to the people but to also bring more awareness to physicians.

There are so many doctors I have seen that did not know what EDS was or how it affected the body as a whole. I've met a lot that have just told me its only loose joints and stretchy skin. Those of us with it know that is not the case.

If you did not get an EDS shirt but want to order one now you can still do so at http://teespring.com/EDSfightzebra

I reopened the campaign. It will be open for 8 more days. They will arrive before Christmas if you order on this campaign!

Thank you to everyone that participated in the last campaign! It was a huge success! If your shirts have already arrived, please take a picture and post it in the comments! I can't wait to see all of you and your EDS shirt raising awareness and showing support!

You guys kick ass!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment