Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Are You Hitting On Me And Insulting Me At The Same Time?

So I went to see my cardiologist. Ugh. I wore this long floor length dress because I had class this morning. So I also did my makeup. Which I honestly don't do very often. So I thought I looked nice. I guess a little too nice. The first thing my cardio said was how pretty I am. Which is suppose to nice I guess. But it just weirds me out. He isn't there to tell me how pretty he thinks I am. And he mentioned how "fit" I am. Even weirder. Especially since the dress was just straight down and does nothing to bring out my figure.

So immediately after saying that he tells me all my tests came back normal. Of course they did. He already told me I am perfectly healthy. Even though I'm not. My heart may be fine. But I am not health. Anyway. So after he tells me I am fine and everything is perfect and I'm perfect. I asked him why I am experiencing symptoms still.

"Oh well women your age are just anxious and hormonal."

Thank you for that. Then he tells me that I can come back ever week if I get "cardiac paranoia" and think I'm suffering a heart condition every week and he will reassure me that I'm a okay! What a fucking insult.

So then he tells me that I look tired and rundown. Probably because I'm a "super mom" that just does too much and he told me to "take breaks". Because that is possible.

Then he tells me that pizza is the number one food that leads to obesity. And he told me that I need to watch my daughter (who is 2 and was with me) to make sure she doesn't get "too puffy" (yes. He literally said too puffy). And if she starts getting "puffy" I need to give her more veggies. Like my daughter is fat or something. She I perfectly healthy and very very active. She is not fat. I do not over feed my kids. What the hell?!

So he ends the appt after that. He always dictates right after and makes us stay while he does it. So he doing his dictation and going through all my results and pauses to ask me about where my echo report is.

He never ordered an echo for me! He says "well I have to send you for the echo! That's the most important test!" When he does with the dictation, he tells me that was his mistake and he will order that today and he will read it immediately and tell me I'm fine again.

So now I have to go back again. Ugh. Next Wednesday I have my echo. Which I feel will be a huge waste of time. But I'll go anyway. Just to be sure. EDS is known to be linked to heart defects. Might as well check it out.

So that was my wonderful appt. My doctor complimented me, insulted me, and called my daughter fat in all under 10 minutes.

I've had a very busy today. So I may be out of commission tomorrow. I'm in a lot of pain already and am relaxing on the couch.

Keep stable my friends!

Share some of your crazy appointment stories in a comment below!

Don't forget to check out the EDS awareness shirt for sale. Only for a limited time!
Teespring.com/edsfightzebra
Fight like a zebra!!

No comments:

Post a Comment