Sunday, December 28, 2014

I Need A Vacation

We just took our first vacation. Well, our first real family vacation. In the sense that we didn't travel to a family members house and stay with them. 

We went to Stone Mountain Ga and stayed in a hotel and everything. It was awesome.

The hotel was shitty, but it kept us warm and gave us a place to sleep and shower, so it worked. They also offered breakfast every morning. So that was good. Saved us money on that meal every day.

We went to Stone Mountain Park and got the 2 day pass to go through Snow Mountain, and the Stone Mountain Christmas park. We walked around A LOT!! And with a 3 and 5 year old. It was exhausting. 

We just got home at like 1 in the morning on Saturday and I'm still recovering.

Isn't that funny... You go on vacation and you need another one when you get back home.

Unpacking was worse than the packing was. And my body is soooooo sore from all the activities we did. We were going like non-stop. For 5 days straight! 

Having EDS and going on a 5 day trip packed filled with activities was probably not the smartest thing to do. Plus sitting in the car for as long as we did to get there and then back. I'm a frickin mess now.

My chiari is flaring up, my body is screaming at me. It will probably take me another week to get back to where I was before. 

But it was worth it. Some things are worth the pain and all the shit that come with having a chronic illness. And this was definitely one of them.

We all had a blast and my kids were soooo happy spending so much time us. My boyfriend works a lot normally, so we don't really get to spend much time with him. It was wonderful. 

Although I'm paying for it, and will be for awhile longer, I wouldn't take it back for a second.

But I wish I could take my own little vacation right now and get away from all of them so I can sleep for days. 

What things have you done that you had to pay for later? Was it worth it for you? What about a time it wasn't worth it after? Share your experience by commenting below!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment