Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year!

Ah, new years. Where people go out and drink and stay up to watch the ball drop and kiss their spouse to start the new year.

Goodbye old year! Here is a start to fresh new me!

Am I right?

People ask "What's your new years resolution?"

I get it. We can all use some improvement.

But really, I don't know what to do anymore. But I'm a little depressed today, so maybe my funk is just taking the fun out of it.

I mean, other than quitting smoking (yes I know I'm a horrible horrible person because I smoke. I KNOW!)  I don't really have much on my "list".

There are things I'd love to; workout regularly, organize and declutter out house, do more stuff with the kids, work more in my garden, etc.

But with a chronic illness, I never what I will feel at any given time.

For instance, earlier today, I had planned to do stuff around the house but my blood pressure dropped. Can't do anything when that happens. So I layed on the couch all day watching a marathon of Gilmore Girls.

It was all I could do. So when I don't know what will happen with my body at any moment, it makes "resolutions" harder to make.

I mean, sure I can make them. But sticking to them... Well, that's a whole other thing entirely.

How many have made new years resolutions anyway? Maybe we can all try and push each other to keep them (when we are able anyway).

Sometimes, I know I could. But I allow my disease to be an excuse to not to do because changing is hard and sometimes I'm just too damn tired to care.

My 2014 wasn't that bad, but it wasn't a perfect year either. We lost our dog, but when on a vacation. My kids are healthy and in school. I made the President's list in school. It was a pretty good year.

How about all of you? How was your year? What would you like to change for next year? (And it can't be a random cure for your illness unless you are actually a scientist and already researching and close to finding said cure). Something YOU can actually change for you and your life. Please share below!!

Have a great night! Be safe! And may you have a blessed new year!

I'll be sitting on my couch (actually I'll probably be sleeping) this new years. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment