Saturday, November 1, 2014

I Think I'm Dying....

That's how I feel anyway. After last night (Halloween) and walking through the ENTIRE neighborhood, I'm exhausted!

The kids had a ton of fun!! It was worth all my pain!

I really should have brought my cane though. I meant to, but forgot it in the rush to get out the door.

My kids were soooooooo excited and I was getting frustrated because they weren't listening very well. So I was just trying to get out the house and get everyone in the car so we could go to my mother-in-law's neighborhood! It was a lot of fun though. A couple of their friends went with us. It was a lot of fun!

They were so darn cute! But I am definitely paying for all the fun today..

Isn't it a bitch!? You go out to do something you rarely do, knowing you'll pay for it, but do it anyway. Some things are just worth the "been run over by 5 trucks" feeling.

Sometimes though, it wasn't worth it... And then you're just mad that you did because it wasn't worth feeling death for days after..

It's sometimes really hard to judge out if it will be worth it or not.. But usually, I'm pretty good at knowing. Learning your own limits can be challenging though. Especially in the beginning... But it gets easier.

It's weird for me and often confuses other people because some things are still easier for me to do than others. Like standing. Standing HURTS SOOOOO BAD!!! I don't know why... But I would rather be walking or pacing or something rather than standing. But then I can't walk too much or that hurts too..

There is a fine line. But then sitting hurts also. I can sit for about 10 minutes and then I need to move or readjust the way I'm sitting (if I'm not allowed to get up or recline, like in class..)

But I went and did this zip lining course with my mom a couple weeks ago (which was SUPER fun by the way) and it had all these obstacles to get through up in the trees. We took our time and I made it through the entire course with relatively minimal pain... (I mean.. it hurt a little, but not too badly that I was angry I did it.) It was a little sore for the 2 following days, but overall, I did well and it was well worth it!

But I actually have more pain and discomfort today from walking around trick or treating than I did from the zip lining course..  

And it's hard to explain to people that know walking is painful for me, that I can do that course and feel pretty okay. It's hard to explain how different it is..

It's also hard to explain that I really don't know how I will feel from minute to minute. I knew my legs were weaker yesterday than they were the zip lining day also. So I knew it would be worse. But to explain that to someone that doesn't experience it.. To have them understand that I just know I'm not going to feel well after doing something.. It's hard for them..

And to be fair. I get it. It seems like a cop-out for things you don't want to do.. Like cleaning the house.... Or grocery shopping.. Or really anything that just sucks.. I understand how others that have never felt what I feel don't believe me 100%.

I mean, honestly, if I were a perfectly healthy individual, and someone told me they couldn't do the dishes (which seriously suck for me because of the standing) because they are hurting; but wanted to go bowling.. I would a little skeptical also..

It's all about balance and honesty with your loved ones.. But there is a line.. It takes time to learn for everyone involved. Chronic illnesses don't only affect the patient. They affect everyone in the patients life.

Anyway.. I hope you are all able to rest up today if needed and that you are all enjoying your weekend!

What are some of your "run over by a truck" activities? Do you ever experience skepticism from others? How do you handle it? Comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment