Monday, February 23, 2015

They STILL Don't Get IT!

I don't usually talk about my health conditions to my family. I talk to my friends and I write this blog about it instead.

Why don't I talk about it? Because they still don't get it!!!! And it's soooooooooo FRUSTRATING!!!

I made the mistake of talking about my bladder prolapse with my (future) mother in law. Now, I've mentioned to her before all the things wrong with my body numerous times throughout the years. Ya know what she said when I told her about my bladder....

"Well that is strange. Usually only older women that have had large babies born vaginally get bladder prolapses. You didn't have any of that and you're so young. I don't understand how that happened to you."

SERIOUSLY!!!!???? I've only told you how many times about my EDS???!!

I have a f***ing connective tissue disorder!!!!!!! How can I make that more clear???!!!!

Please! If anyone has the answer, let me know!

I don't understand how people just don't get it! I explain what it is, what it means, and how it affects EVERYTHING in my body; and they still are shocked when I tell them something that makes sense because of my illness.

Even my fiance doesn't really listen. Nor does he really care to. (Although, I think that is more because he doesn't like to feel helpless and knowing there is so much wrong means he can't do anything. It's hard for him too....)

I told him about my pills for my gastroparesis and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (which I've been taking for months) and he was like "ya ya, okay." He just doesn't want to hear it.

Usually it doesn't frustrate me because I know this about my family, but right now, I'm actually pretty pissed about it!

People just don't listen! I know I'm young! I know!!!!!!!!! But I have a chronic illness that affects everything in my body and will continue to break my body down until I eventually die... Why is that hard to believe? It's like they think I'm making it up or something... How can I be making it up?!

I have a neurologist, neurosurgeon, psychiatrist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, endocrinologist, OBGYN, urologist, rheumotologist, dermatologist, physical therapy, and my pcp of course. 12 f***ing dooctors and they think I'm making it up?! Wouldn't I be locked away in an mental hospital for wasting all these peoples time if nothing was wrong with me?! Wouldn't they treat my craziness if I was just a crazy person? Why do people not understand I AM SICK!????

It makes no sense!!!!

Anyone else out there with people in your life that just don't get it?! What do you do cope? Do you just ignore them or speak out? Share your experience below.

No comments:

Post a Comment