Sunday, September 14, 2014

It's okay. I only dislocated my finger...

I haven't really gone into all the symptoms of EDS yet. Really because there are seriously sooooooo many. And not every person will have every one. Not all the types share them. But most types overlap. And no two people even in the SAME type will be the same. Its all very complicated...

But! I do plan to write up a general symptoms list with some great links tomorrow!

For now, I will share my symptoms.

For starters. I've already mentioned my Chiari malformation. (Which I'll go into more detail about that too. Just not right now.) Chiari is common among EDSers. I know you're all dying to know what the hell that is. But right now I'm talking about EDS so you'll have to wait. I hope you don't actually die. Just hang in there. I'll get it to.

So back to my other symptoms. I have poor wound healing, easy bruising, premature membrane rupture (during my pregnancy forcing me into emergency c-section. Ironically because of my poor wound healing, my incision reopened after my 6 week check up. That was really fun. Just kidding. It sucked.) , all over joint sublaxations and dislocations, chronic joint pain, back problems, herniated disks, adult developed scoliosis, lack of proprioception (knowing where your body is in space... Not having this makes me seem very clumsy. Well let's be honest. Because I lack proprioception, I am clumsy. But I walk into things often. Let's leave it at that for now) , bad balance, brain fog (also known as cog fog. Like cognitive function. Kind of like a "brain fart" that doesn't go away. Ever), bad eye sight (which I'll go into more tomorrow), atrophic scarring, hyper extension of all my joints, fatigue, and..... That's all I can remember for now.

I'm excited to take you all on my journey with EDS and Chiari. I hope to reach others with it and help in some way I can. Even if its just to let them know I'm hear to listen.

Stay tuned! Tomorrow I will also post pictures of some of my hyper extension and my ring splints! You won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment